How we help community groups and organisations
You and your organisation may not be aware of the EU Settlement Scheme and the potential challenges for EU citizens and the communities they live in, post-Brexit.
We are funded by Trust for London to work in partnership with voluntary and community organisations in London to enhance the support for EU citizens and their family members in the communities in which they live.
Support and advice
We offer free support and advice to people applying to the Scheme, and capacity building on the Scheme for staff and volunteers who work with these communities. The sessions explain who needs to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme, and how to make an application, as well as exploring the challenges for vulnerable groups in applying.
We produce resources on a range of issues for EU citizens. These are available in different community languages and are in an easy to read format. We develop resources in community languages based on the needs and requests of the community groups and organisations we partner with.
We also organise events and activities to help groups and organisations to start thinking about the issues facing EU citizens and communities and preparing for life after Brexit. Due to COVID-19 all our events and activities are currently online.
Work with us
We work in partnership with community groups and organisations in London to strengthen community-based support available to vulnerable EU citizens and their families.
By working with community partners our aim is to ensure EU communities are aware of the EU Settlement Scheme and how to manage their new immigration status, and have access to legal support and advice.
We want to build more supportive communities for EU citizens post Brexit by facilitating networks and opportunities for sharing good practice and awareness at community level on the challenges faced by EU communities.
We’d love to hear from you if you are:
- A group or organisation based in London which works closely with vulnerable communities
- Working with people who are EU citizens or their family members not EU citizens
- Aware of issues these communities have experienced
- Want to raise the challenges and barriers experienced by EU communities as a result of their new immigration status
- Want to influence how wider communities think about and respond to the needs of EU residents
How we help
- Building the awareness of staff and volunteers of the EUSS and their new immigration status
- Enhancing the support and services for EU+ citizens and their non-EU family members to manage their new immigration status
- Building the profile of the groups and organisations helping EU communities by improving skills for website and social media, and building networks
- Supporting their work to lobby, campaign and advocate on behalf of EU communities at community level
- Creating opportunities to engage directly with others working in your community, the Local Authority and those who make decisions in your area
How we work with your group
- Work closely to identify the gaps in knowledge, services and profile
- Co-produce resources and activities for staff, volunteers, and beneficiaries
- Deliver sessions to staff, volunteers and beneficiaries on the EUSS, managing, and proving a status and rights and entitlements
- Co-organise local meetings to raise the issues and challenges faced by EU communities
- Offer a small grant to help this partnership work
- Fund translation and interpretation where needed
Civil Society EUSS Alliance
We coordinate the Civil Society EUSS Alliance. This is a group of organisations across the UK focusing on the EU Settlement Scheme made up of frontline service delivery, campaigning and policy organisations. We meet to share good practice, raise issues and concerns, and develop a collective approach to policy and advocacy.
Watch latest guest speaker video
Watch all guest speaker videos
Read contributions from EUSS Alliance members below
What they say
You’ve been a delight to work with and so knowledgeable. Everyone who works with you really appreciates and values your insights, calm delivery and clear cut communication.
Excellent information session. Clear. Easy to follow. The staff delivering were very patient in answering all the questions.
I had no idea about the EUSS scheme but now I feel much more confident about how to help people with it.
It was eye opening to realise just how many issues there are to overcome in order to apply to the EUSS scheme. The awareness you’re raising is extremely helpful in being able to reach out to people more effectively. Your intervention was an important starting point for incorporating changes into the system.